CIRCLE Research Fund for U of G Masters Students l Deadline: 20 March 2023
Masters Student Research Funding
CIRCLE offers two awards each of $2,500 annually.
- For Masters’ students currently enrolled at the University of Guelph
- Research focusing on India, South Asia and/ or Indian, South Asian diaspora
- Applicants should be in the research phase of their study or about to embark upon their research
- Grades: (80 % and above), successful completion of course work at the time of receiving the funding
- Monday, March 20, 2023
Expectations of Award Recipients
- To present their work in a CIRCLE webinar and publish an Encounter piece about their research experiences on the CIRCLE website upon completion of their Masters thesis/research paper.
- To acknowledge CIRCLE in research outputs and publications (thesis, reports, journal articles, conference presentations, posters, short documentaries, blogs, etc.)
- Ideally, research will be completed within one year from the date of funding. Recipients will be required to submit a short progress/final report one year from the date of receiving funds or upon successful completion of their study of program (whichever is sooner).
Availability of funding
Funds will be released once the research proposal is approved by the student’s advisory committee and, in the case of research involving human participants, once REB approval is granted. A letter confirming the completion of these requirements will be required from the student’s Advisor along with the REB approval, if applicable.
To apply, please e-mail the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 20, 2023
- A 1,000-word research proposal (consisting of research objectives, questions, rationale/ motivation, data collection methods, budget, timetable, and bibliography
- A 100-word statement on how the proposed research relates to at least one of CIRCLE’s five core program areas (tip—don’t just mention the core areas rather describe how your research relates to the core program areas)
- Two reference letters, one of which should be from the Advisor
The selection criteria used by the Tri-Council agencies will be used to assess and rank the applications.
Results will be announced in April 2023.